The University of Pennsylvania Sustainability Office is committed to climate action, social justice, community resilience, and well-being. We serve as a catalyst for transformational change across the University, within the Philadelphia community, at the regional level, and beyond.
The Penn Sustainability Office seeks to:
- Create a campus that goes beyond carbon neutrality, embraces biophilia in the built environment, and serves as a hub for innovation.
- Encourage decisions at all levels within the University to be made with social and environmental impact as a priority.
- Ensure that our local community, peer institutions, and other aligned organizations look to Penn as an exemplary partner in sustainability.
- Enable faculty, staff, and students to collaborate to advance sustainability and climate action at the University and in the community.
- Empower Penn community members play a central role in creating a sustainable community that centers humanity and justice in balance with planetary needs.