Staff & Faculty Eco-Reps Program
The Staff & Faculty Eco-Reps Program is a peer education program that provides the tools to improve the environmental sustainability of Penn offices and labs. Staff & Faculty Eco-Reps work with campus stakeholders and within their departments and offices to develop educational events, activities, and campaigns aimed at supporting the University’s environmental goals and Climate and Sustainability Action Plan. Initiatives include energy conservation, waste and recycling practices, alternative transportation, consumer choices, and more.
The program is comprised of over 140 staff and faculty members across the University representing a diverse set of offices, schools, and centers.
A Steering Committee helps guide the program
- Beth Delaney (chair), Development and Alumni Relations
- Ray Aull (co-chair of Membership Subcommittee), Penn Procurement Services
- Marie-Luise Faber (co-chair of Education Subcommittee), EHRS
- Chris Klaniecki (co-chair of Membership Subcommittee), Penn Global
- Nel Reynolds Snyder (co-chair of Communications Subcommittee), Penn Medicine Development
- Laura Sprague (member-at-large), Penn Dental
- OPEN POSITION on each Subcommittee
Designed to improve environmental awareness and behavior change, the program builds knowledge and leadership across Penn's schools and centers by empowering individuals to champion the goals outlined in Penn's Climate and Sustainability Action Plan 3.0.
For information about the Staff & Faculty Eco-Reps Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you motivated to make your office, lab, or larger Penn community greener? Apply to the Staff & Faculty Eco-Reps program to get information, support, and peer problem-solving!
Penn's Eco-Rep program is the premier place for employees who want to reduce Penn's environmental footprint and enhance the workplace by educating and engaging others in more sustainable actions.
What Will You Do as an Eco-Rep?
- Coordinate/join a Green Team in your department to implement sustainability initiatives
- Consider working with your Green Team or office to achieve Green Office Certification or Green Labs Commitment
- Communicate with your department about sustainability at least once a month
- Share information with other Eco-Reps about your initiatives
- Ask for advice if you encounter challenges - at our monthly meetings or via Microsoft Teams
- Act as a liaison to Facilities and Real Estate Services (FRES) for eco-ideas and issues
- Attend monthly meetings
Fill out our application form in order to apply to be part of the Staff & Faculty Eco-Reps program.