Move-In Green is Penn’s sustainability engagement program focusing on new and returning students as they arrive on campus. Volunteer student ambassadors provide educational outreach and hands-on recycling assistance during New Student Orientation (NSO).
Apply to Join
Penn Sustainability is now accepting applications for 2023 Move-In Green volunteers! Submissions are being accepted on a rolling basis through the end of the semester. This program is open to undergraduate, second- through fourth-year students.
For questions about the Move-In Green program, please email Noah Swistak, Sustainability Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choosing to be a Move-In Green volunteer is a fun and interactive experience! We look for energetic upperclassmen to help spread awareness of sustainability news and information for new and returning Penn students. Duties include staffing outreach tables at the Quad, Lauder/Hill, and Houston Hall, talking with students about sustainability activities on campus, educating students about how to recycle and recycling locations, and assisting with hands-on recycling support in College Houses. Ideal candidates are motivated, responsible, with great interpersonal skills, and a passion for all things environmental!
Volunteers are required to:
- Attend a training session with other Move-In Green volunteers
- Volunteer for sustainability outreach shifts during Move-In (20 hours minimum)
- Free early move-in privileges for students living in college houses
- A Penn Sustainability t-shirt
- Leadership experience and opportunity to work with staff and students interested in sustainability on campus